Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Short film script/ Short story: Blind Date

Plot: A nerdy high school boy goes on a blind dinner date with a girl, hoping to hook up with a hot young girl he’s always dreams of. While another nerdy high school girl goes to this blind date, hoping to meet a hot, muscular man she’s always dreamed of. However, they are forced to put on a sleep mark so they cannot see each other during the entire course of the date.

A nerdy high school girl walks into a restaurant where blind dates are held every night. It is advertised as a place where young people find true love. She, being the nerdy type of the group, is often teased about not having a boyfriend. So She goes in there expecting to find her soulmate. For her, ideally it would definitely have to be a hot young man with six packs and muscles she has always dreamed of meeting.

AMANDA
See ya guys

AMANDA’s FRIENDS
have fun. Hope you find your true love (giggles)

AMANDA
Oh shut up, and I will!

A nerdy high school boy walks into a restaurant where blind dates are held every night. Most boys his age all have girlfriends. Some have had their first kiss. Some have lost their virginity. But not Chris. Chris has never had a girlfriend and he’s often teased about it. So he goes in there, hoping to finally meet a nice hot girl, and finally experience what it feels like to be in love.

CHRIS’S FRIENDS
I can’t believe you are doing this man

CHRIS
Me neither! But what other choice do I have?
See ya’ll later

GUY AT THE RESTUARANT
Here’s your eye patch sir
We hope you find your long lost love

CHRIS
Thanks

GIRL AT THE RESTAURANT
Here’s your eye patch miss
Have fun, and good luck

AMANDA
Thank you

So they wear their eye patches. They are now completely blind.  They are both accompanied to their seats by the bartenders. They sit down. And let the date begin.

CHRIS
Hi, my name is Chris
How are you today?

AMANDA
Good thanks, I’m Amanda. It’s a pleasure to meet you

CHRIS
what brings you to this lovely blind date restaurant today, mystery lady?

AMANDA
Well, same reason everybody is here. I wanna meet a guy who loves me for who I am
It really is a blind date here isn’t it? (laugh)

CHRIS
Yeah, yeah. It’s amazing. I love the idea of it. Not knowing who the date is. To not judge people by appearance but rather what’s on the inside.

AMANDA
Totally, I don’t know who you are. But I’m starting to like you already. Hahaha

CHRIS
Well the same goes for you miss.
How old are you by the way?

AMANDA
I’m 17, still in high school

CHRIS
Really? So am I. What are your plans for university?
Personally, I would like to major in something like English lit.
I love reading.

AMANDA
Well so do I. I love books. Books are my life.
I cannot imagine my life without them.
They are my best friends. Always have and always will.

CHRIS
It looks like we have something in common then
I know this is a bit sudden but do you want to grab a cup of coffee or something afterwards?

AMANDA
No no that’s a great idea. I bet we can just sit there and talk about books eh? Haha
It’s funny how we’re apparently at a restaurant yet they don’t serve any food

CHRIS
Yes they do. It’s a food of love. Hahaha

AMANDA
Hahaha

BARTENDER
Ok guys. Time’s up.
Eye patches off. It’s time to meet your true love.

So Chris and Amanda took their eye patches off. It seems like time has stopped. The world’s spinning. Chris is surprised to find out the girl he’s been talking to the whole time is nothing but a fat geeky high school student who wear glasses and have pimples.



CHRIS
(Internal monologue)
What the hell? The person I’ve talking to is just a nerdy high school student? I should’ve listened to my friends. This has been nothing but a complete waste of time.

AMANDA
(Internal monologue)
What the fuck? This is no hot guy with six packs I was looking for.
He’s a geek. And he’s got pimples! Ahhhh

CHRIS
(Internal monologue)
Dayyum I was starting to like her. Her voice is so pretty man. And she likes reading. Like me!

AMANDA
(Internal monologue)
He seems like a nice guy. Too bad he’s just another nerdy kid.

CHRIS
(Internal monologue)
But didn’t I say not to judge people by their appearance?

AMANDA
(Internal monologue)
Didn’t I say I want a guy who loves me for who I am?

CHRIS
(Internal monologue)
So what if she is a nerd with glasses and pimples?

AMANDA
(Internal monologue)
What’s wrong with geeks anyway? After all, I’m just a geek.
I don’t care if he’s fat and ugly. Or if he has glasses and pimples?

CHRIS
(Internal monologue)
I don’t care if she’s a fat nerdy girl who doesn’t know how to dress
We’re one and the same, us geeks

AMANDA
(Internal monologue)
Why would I want a guy with six packs and muscles anyway?
Why do I have to care about the appearance?
Am I afraid people are going to judge me?
Screw these people. If they don’t like me for the person I am
Fuck them.

CHRIS
So how about that cup of coffee huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment