Sunday, July 24, 2011

Short Film Screenplay: Are you gay?


Plot: Amanda, a hot girl in high school, attempts to ask her secret crush out. Will, a geek in high school, has a crush on Amanda. He doesn't know what to do when she suddenly comes up to him.


Wide shot – shot of school
School bell rings, shot of a clock at 12.00 PM (Lunch time)

POV – Amanda walking to Will’s table in slow motion with music playing in a dream-like sequence
Music cuts off
AMANDA
‘Hey, can I sit with you, Will?’

Close up - Will pauses for a second acting like he had just woken up from a dream
WILL
(suddenly)
 ‘Sure sure, go ahead, Amanda’

Mid shot – Amanda sits down
Wide Shot - side view of the table with Amanda and Will facing each other
Will sits awkwardly while Amanda grabs lunch from her bag.

Medium close up shot  - Amanda flirts implying that Will is different than other guys
AMANDA
‘What are you doing here all alone anyway?’
‘Aren’t you boys supposed to be playing footy or something? ‘
Amanda bites her sandwich

Medium Close up shot – Will avoids eye contact
WILL
I don’t know, I’m not that much of a sportsperson.

Medium close up shot – Amanda implies that Will is a bit of a nerd
                AMANDA
‘I guess not huh? I see you carrying that book around all day’
Camera zooms to Will’s book

Close up - Awkward silence for a second then Amanda attempted to ask Will out on a date
AMANDA
(suddenly)
‘So, I’m going to the movies tonight with a couple of friends. Wanna come?’

Close up – thinks for a second then shakes his head, acting disappointed that he couldn’t come
WILL
I have a lot of school work to catch up tonight. I’m sorry. I wish I could come. I’m really sorry.

Close up - Amanda sits up
AMANDA
No it’s okay. We can hang out some other time.
So I guess I’ll see you later then huh?

Mid shot – Amanda standing and just almost about to walk away from Will
AMANDA
(In a begging manner)
Oh, I almost forgot. My girlfriends are throwing a party next Friday and they are all bringing their boyfriends along. I haven’t got a partner yet. If you’re free, do you want to save me some embarrassment and come as my date? Please?

Medium Close up - Will apologizes sincerely
WILL
I’m really really sorry again Amanda. My parents don’t allow me to go out after school. Sorry.

Mid shot – Amanda asks although already knows the answer
AMANDA
(laughingly)
You haven’t got a girlfriend have you?

 Medium close up – Will responds back quickly, making sure Amanda knows he’s not lying
WILL
No, no I don’t. My parents really don’t allow me to go out after school. I’m not lying. Please believe me. I would come if I would.

Mid shot – Amanda says a bit pissed off tone of voice
AMANDA
Okay then, Will. Didn’t say you were. Maybe I won’t see you later after all.


Wide shot - Amanda walks away then turns back
Over the shoulder shot – Amanda can’t believe she got rejected
AMANDA
One last question Will, Are you gay? I could ask any guy in the school to go out with me. But I chose you. And I got rejected. TWICE

Extreme close up – Will’s eyes blinking
Amanda laughs then turns back and walks away slowly from Will’s table
Fades to black
WILL
(Softly)
Fuck I blew it

No comments:

Post a Comment